Invitation to Participate
JN Long Cultural Arts Complex hosts the 7th Annual
Arts, Photography and Artisans Show and Sale
Open to all interested artists, photographers and artisans.
Cash prizes and ribbons will be given.
Entry dates are Friday, April 24 and Saturday, April 25
Tuesday, April 28 and Wednesday, April
10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
at J.N. Long Cultural Arts Complex, 425 Granbury Street, Cleburne, Texas
No early or late entries will be accepted.
Show and Sale will open for public viewing and voting
Saturday, May 2 through Saturday, June 20
Hours will be Tuesday thru Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
All entries must remain until after the awards ceremony and reception.
Awards Ceremony and Artist Reception is Saturday, June 20 at 1:00 p.m.
All entries must be picked up after the reception on Saturday, June 20
Guidelines, Rules and Entry Forms are available online at cleburneculturalarts/peopleschoice
Call 817 641-4908 or Email: email@example.com
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS & GUIDELINES
People’s Choice Show 2020
- The show is open to original photography, drawings, oil/acrylic, pastel, water color, mixed media, sculpture, jewelry, ceramics, fiber art, and 3 dimensional work produced within the last 3 years.
- Entry shall be solely the artist’s work of original concept.
- Adult and Professional artists may submit up to four pieces for a non-refundable fee of $10.00 each for Adult and Professional Category and $5.00 each for Youth Categories Up to 12 & 13-18.
- The entry may be submitted in Professional, Adult, Youth ages Up to 12 or ages 13 – 18. Professional is defined as being the entrant’s livelihood.
- Two-dimensional work must be framed with wire hanger suitable for museum hanging or gallery wrapped canvas with edges painted and stretchers/staples concealed. Size of work must be suitable for one person to handle.
- Three-dimensional work must be of suitable weight that one person may handle it. If you can, please provide a pedestal for display or enclosed case for protection.
- JN Long Cultural Arts Complex will receive a 20% commission for all entries that are for sale. An entry that is not for sale will be accepted.
- Completed entry form and fee must be provided at time of submittal.
- JN Long Cultural Arts Complex has the authority to decline any entry that is not acceptable for family viewing (no nudes or sexually explicit work).
- A People’s Choice Ribbon and a cash prize will be awarded in each of the categories (Professional, Adult, Youth 0-12, Youth 13-18). Awards will be determined by public voting throughout the duration of the show. Only one ballot, per person, per duration of the show is allowed.
- Work must be picked up after the awards reception on Saturday, June 20. Another person may pick up the work provided the artist gives signed, written permission for the work to be picked up by the designated person.
- All participants must sign a Hold Harmless agreement with JN Long Cultural Arts Complex.