J.N. Long Cultural Arts Complex Offices, Galleries and Gift Shop Hours
Hours: Tuesday – Saturday 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Schedules are subject to change without notice. Please check back frequently.
2019 Schedule of Events and Shows at J.N. Long Cultural Arts Complex
- August 1 – August 31: Works by Sleepy Read: Exhibit and Sale: presented by Martin Read
- Opening Reception will be held Saturday, August 3rd in the Cafeteria
- Slideshow will be available in the Cafeteria during the Reception for those who cannot climb the stairs.
- August 3 – September 21: Art Around the World an exhibit to reflects life outside of the U.S.A. Any genre accepted from all age groups.
- Turn-in dates for entry to the show are Saturday July 27, Tuesday, July 30 and Wednesday, July 31
- No charge to enter pieces.
- Participants need not be a member of CFCA or any of our member groups
- Limit 5 pieces per artisan.
- September 28 – November 2: Interpretive Show J.N. Long Cultural Arts Complex’s signature show. Members of the Cleburne Camera Club submit photos which are ‘interpreted’ by members of the Johnson County Art Guild and displayed together with prose provided by The Creative Writer.s of Johnson County.
- November 9 – January 4: Christmas Market Looking for a gift that says, “I wanted to get you something special?” Come in to the JN Long Cultural Arts Complex Christmas Market for unique handcrafted gifts and artwork by local artists. Christmas Market Grand Opening on Saturday, November 9, 2019 from 10 am to 4 pm will be held in the Cafeteria (accessible to everyone) and in the yard, weather permitting.
*All artwork must be family friendly. No Nudes or Vulgarity. JN Long Cultural Arts Complex reserves the right to reject any entry.
Ancient Arts Around the World
- August 1 to August 31 The Treasures of Tutankhamun
Exhibits on loan from Humanities Texas an affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities.
- Cleburne Tracks Model Train Exhibit of the Cleburne Railroad Yards, Charles Worlow, a former police officer spent, 30 years building this. Story on WFAA
- HO Scale Model Train Exhibit, Created by Brig. General Donald Goodman, US Air Force
- Two model ships by Production Designer Curtis Schnell. The Model of the USS Constitution was used on the set of the TV Series Crossing Jordan.
- Free Library, Adult and Children’s Sections. Take books and/or donate books. Hours 10-4 Tuesday thru Saturday.