J.N. Long Cultural Arts Complex Offices, Galleries and Gift Shop Hours
Hours: Tuesday – Saturday 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Schedules are subject to change without notice. Please check back frequently.
2020 Schedule of Events and Shows at J.N. Long Cultural Arts Complex
2020 Show Schedule
- Jan. 11 – Feb 22: Our Town Our County – All art medium welcome, all submissions must depict people and places in Cleburne and Johnson County. Membership not required, No Fee to enter. Limit 3 entries per artist. All 2 dimensional entries must be framed. Show in-take will be Jan. 3,4,7 and 8 from 10 am to 4 pm.
- March 7 – April 18: Youth Art Exhibit – All Johnson County youth artists are invited to participate. Ribbons awarded in 4 categories K-2, 3-5, 6-8 and 9-12 grade. Scholarship available to one High School Seniors sponsored by the Texas Woodcarvers Guild and Johnson County Art Guild. Limit 3 entries per artist. Show in-take will be Feb. 27,28,29 and March 3 & 4 from 10 am to 4 pm. ENTRY FORM
- May 2 – June 20: People’s Choice – Annual show features artwork in all age groups and all mediums. Entry fee is $5 per entry for youth 18 or younger and $10 per entry for adults and professionals. Limit 5 entries per artist. All 2 dimensional entries must be framed. Cash prizes awarded. Show in-take will be April 24,25,28 & 29 from 10 am to 4 pm.
- July 7 – Aug. 22: All Creatures Big and Small – All art medium welcome, enter your photos, painting and sculpture of Lions, Tigers and Bears and Bees and Bugs . Membership not required, No Fee to enter. Limit 3 entries per artist. All 2 dimensional entries must be framed. Show in-take will be July 3,4,7 and 8 from 10 am to 4 pm.
- July 15 – Aug. 15: Sleepy Read – Early Years – Show and Sale of Sleepy’s early artwork dating back to the 70’s.
- Sept. 5 – Oct. 24: Interpretive Show – Our Signature show is a collaborative effort of Cleburne Camera Club, Johnson County Art Guild, Creative Writer’s and Poets of Johnson County and the Texas Woodcarvers Guild. Contact these clubs about membership and participating in this show. Show in-take is Aug. 28 & 29 and Sept. 1 & 2.
- Nov. 7 – Dec. 31: Christmas Market – Handcrafted gifts, ornaments and more by local artists and artisans. Participation open to all members of CFCA.
*All artwork must be family friendly. No Nudes or Vulgarity. JN Long Cultural Arts Complex reserves the right to reject any entry.
- Cleburne Tracks Model Train Exhibit of the Cleburne Railroad Yards, Charles Worlow, a former police officer spent, 30 years building this. Story on WFAA
- HO Scale Model Train Exhibit, Created by Brig. General Donald Goodman, US Air Force
- Two model ships by Production Designer Curtis Schnell. The Model of the USS Constitution was used on the set of the TV Series Crossing Jordan.
Free Library, Adult and Children’s Sections. Take books and/or donate books. Hours 10-4 Tuesday thru Saturday.
Adult library is now located on the lower level of the main building with handicap access at the rear of the building.